At Age UK Wakefield District we value comments from our customers. Here are a few comments and compliments on the services we have provided.
Bereavement Advice & Support Service (BASS)
- “A fantastic service and I wish you all the very best and please" continue with this service as there are many people out there that need this"
- “Excellent support and you were always there to support when required and requested. Thank you. Stay blessed!"
- “Service has been spot on. Excellent. Practical support has been so useful”
- "It has been a relief to be able to speak about my loss. BASS has been a great help"
- " You do need to talk to someone outside the family. The service is very good and I can go down to the group and meet other people"
Home Shopping Service
- “For me it is ideal as it not only does shopping , everything you want to know or need help with is on the one phone number. The only way to improve the shopping programme would be to come and cook it. Ha Ha Ha!” Mrs H
- “I find it stressful because of my disabilities with vision and thinking and anxiety”
- “I have had to change delivery slots for hospital appointments – no problems”
- “Yes I have had substitutions but they never leave you without!”
- "Just had my grocery order delivered and it all went fine. Brought to me by a nice young man who was very helpful"
Macmillan Cancer Support Programme
- “At the time when you are at your lowest it's a good pick you up - You don't feel alone”
- “Gave me a boost at the right time just as chemotherapy finished after 18 months. Didn't know what to do. Could have got depressed”
- “Nice to get treatment over with first and then get a visit from us”
- "Felt that we stayed in contact and is very satisfied. Very happy with the aids and adaptations. Very good service"
Social Contact Scheme
- “I have been more than satisfied with the attention I have received from Age UK. The service and attention I have had since I left hospital has been superb. The staff have been wonderful and it is a wonderful service that you provide. May it continue”
- “I would not have managed without the support I have been given”
- “Takes some beating, catered for everything. Nothing seems too much, staff very polite and understanding"
- “This has been the best service I have received including the NHS”
- “I understand there are restrictions to the service”
- "You were absolutely excellent. Things were put into place within a few weeks and the family had no idea where to begin"
- "Helped to sort out all bills"
- "I though I was forgotten about at one bit. I would have liked to be kept informed more between visits"
- "All the service leaflets have helped"
- "Thank you so much for arranging a befriender for me - it has made such a difference"
Hospital to Home
- "Staff very caring, couldn't have done better"
- "Couldn't have asked for a better service. Fantastic"
- "The lady was wonderful and patient without being over bearing, will definately use this service again if necessary"
- "Very surprised we offered this service. Very happy"
If you would like to give us any views or comments on our services please click below.