You can help Age UK Wakefield District by holding a Fundraising Event or joining in with one of ours.
Take a look at the Fundraising Events that have already taking place in Wakefield District and what we have planned for the future
Click her to see our Fundraising events
What can you do?
There are a number of things you can do to raise money for Age UK Wakefield District. Here are some ideas to get you started...
- Individual Sponsored Event
You could raise money for a sponsored slim, swim, walk, run, etc on behalf of Age UK Wakefield District.
- Group sponsored challenge or event
You could raise money for Age UK Wakefield District by organising a group sponsored challenge or event. You could even make the event into a competition.
You could do a sponsored run, dog walk, swim, trolley push, bed race, mountain climbing, fell walking, exercise marathons (eg. rowing, bikes, treadmill), pub quizzes, car wash, fashion show... the list is endless!
- 'Daredevil' Sponsored Event
Have you ever fancied doing something outrageous in your life. You could do a Sky Dive, Bunjee Jump, Walk across the Himalayas, Tough Muddler Event, run the London Marathon and all to raise funds for Age UK Wakefield District. We have a small amount of funding to be able to assist with set up cost for these type of activities with a guarantee of match funding on completion. Let us know if you wish to have a go........
You could hold a one-off event for family, friends or neighbours. It could be anything from a BBQ to a Sunday lunch – formal or informal.
You could offer lunch, dinner or even breakfast for family, friends, parishioners, neighbours and work colleagues. Why not ask each to donate £5 and then ask them to hold an event themselves.
For example, by inviting an initial 6 people donating £5 makes £30 for Age UK Wakefield District. If each of those invite six people to their event at £5 per person, that makes £180. It all adds up!
Invite a few friends round, bring a bottle and have a raffle, or hold it in a venue such as a pub or function room.
More about Fundraising
- Can you spare extra time to help out a special event, selling raffle tickets, donating items for raffles, are you good at making things, would you like to share your ideas with the fundraising group, get involved?
- You can donate unwanted gifts, etc for tombolas and raffles
- Do you know organisations or companies within the Wakefield District that we can contact whom might like to support us in their fundraising efforts?
- Are you a member of a Social Club, Sports Club, Working Men’s club, Round Table, Lions, Rotary or a Church who might like to help and support us? Just let us know and we can help with ideas
Calling all Social Clubs, Working Men's Clubs, Public Houses.............
Would you like Age UK Wakefield District to be your 'Charity of the Year'
In 2013 we were lucky enough to be chosen by Horbury Working Men's Club to be their Charity of the Year. The held numerous events and raffles and raised an amazing £1002 which they donated to us to help provide services for older people in the Wakefield District.
Let us know if you would like to do the same.
Age UK Wakefield District is registered with the Fundraising Regulator
For more information about any of our Fundraising Events, please contact our Fundraising Team.