Information for Health and Social Care professionals
Supporting people aged 50 and over who are anxious about returning home after a stay in hospital
Referrals can only be made by Health and Social Care professionals.
Patients must meet the following criteria:
- be aged 50 and over
- be anxious about returning home and re-admission to hospital is likely, unless this specific anxiety is addressed
- give consent to be referred to the service
- be registered with a Wakefield District GP
- have managed independently at home prior to hospitalisation
- be medically fit for discharge
Please note: Patients with enduring/existing mental health conditions can be eligible ONLY if the referring Health and Social Care professional give details of who to contact (IAPT) should the patient show signs of deterioration in their mental health during the intervention by AgeUKWD.
One of our trained Support Workers will visit patients in their own home to establish the nature of support that that is required. They will then continue to work with clients, helping individuals to manage their anxiety whilst they resettle home, or while other support is put in place.
24 hours’ notice pre patient discharge is required so that we can ensure support is in place for patient’s arrival home.
Referral Line: 0800 540 4399
(Monday-Friday 9.00am – 3.00pm)