Our free Information and Advice service assists people aged 60 plus and their carers or relatives with a wide range of queries and problems.
We can help you with questions on:
- Money and benefits
- Health and disability
- Finding help at home
- Community care and direct payments
- Care homes
- Leisure and social activities
- Your rights
If we can't help, we will put you in touch with people who can.
We are open Monday to Thursday - 10am to 3pm for our information and signposting service at the Age UK Wandsworth office, or we can take enquiries over the phone on 020 8877 8940.
Please note the office is now closed on Fridays.
If you need more in-depth advice, the Advice service can offer telephone advice and advice by appointment in the office or at home if you are unable to get to our office.
We host the following specialist outreach surgeries at our office.
- Tax Help for older people (by appointment only)
- The Pension Service; if you would like to make a new claim for Pension Credit and would like to do it face to face, we can refer you to the Pension Service visiting team who can arrange to see you in your home or at our office.
Hearing Aid Clinics
Do you wear an NHS hearing aid?
Do you need help maintaining it?
Come along to a free drop-in clinic for NHS hearing-aid users run by Action on Hearing Loss takes place at the Age UK Wandsworth office on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 10am to 12noon.
Age UK Wandsworth
549 Old York Road
Next dates for the clinic in 2017 are:
Thursday 20th April
Thursday 18th May
Thursday 15th June
Thursday 20th July
The clinic can help with:
- Fitting new batteries
- Fitting new tubing
- Advice on maintenance and fitting
- Support and training to use your hearing aid
- Advice and information about a range of equipment
The Action on Hearing Loss clinic is run in partnership with St George’s Hospital NHS Trust.
For more information, please call us on 020 8877 8940 or email email@example.com
Our office and telephone lines are open 10am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday.