The Handyperson service offers practical help with minor safety adaptations, repairs and other small jobs in or around the home.
We aim to ensure that our customers remain safe and secure within their own home.
Who can use the service?
The service is available to anyone aged 60-plus whether homeowner, private or council tenant.
What work can be done?
These are just some of the jobs our friendly, reliable, insured staff can provide. This list is intended as a guide only:
- Fitting indoor grab-rails and handrails
- Fitting key safes
- Cleaning inside windows and downstairs outside windows
- Changing light bulbs, fuses and plugs
- Putting up shelves
- Fitting draught excluders
- Unblocking sinks
- Changing tap washers
- Taking down or putting up curtains
- Moving furniture (usually a two-person job)
- Assembling flat-pack furniture
- Setting up computers
- Re-tuning televisions
- Replacing toilet seats
- Renewing bath/shower sealant
- Relocating/fixing trailing flexes
Call us to discuss other tasks that we may be able to help you with.
How much does it cost?
Some of our work is free.
Other work is charged at £15 per hour. The handyperson can purchase materials, fixtures and fittings on your behalf, but these will be charged in addition to labour costs.
Click here for a full list of Handyperson work and charges
Who do I contact to have work done?
If you would like to use this service please contact the Handyperson service on 020 8877 8949 (direct line) or 020 8877 8940 (reception), or email the handyperson.
Please note that we are not an emergency service.