A service for older people who need advice and information about housing and care options.
How can we help?
This is a free service offering:
- Information and Advice on housing and care options
- Information about local services that can help you to continue to live safely and independently in your own home
- Independent and confidential advice tailored to your circumstances
How does it work?
- Visit you in the comfort of your home to discuss your needs in confidence
- Provide you with information on the different types of housing and care provision available to you together with any financial implications
- Help you through the application process and provide practical help if needed to help you implement your chosen housing or care option
Am I eligible?
You can access this service:
- If you are over 65
- Caring for or supporting someone over 65
- If you are a Home owner, social landlord or private rented
- If you live in Warwick District including Kenilworth, Leamington Spa and Warwick towns, Stratford upon Avon District including Shipston, Southam, Alcester and Henley in Arden
Housing and Care Options Service
AgeUk Warwickshire’s Housing and Care Options Service is delivered in partnership with EAC FirstStop Advice.
EAC FirstStop Advice provides free, independent and impartial housing and care options advice for older people, their families and carers and associated professionals. It aims to enable people get the help or care they need to live as independently and comfortably as possible.
FirstStop Advice is delivered by Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) in partnership with local agencies, Age UK, Foundations and Care & Repair England. The national service is part funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
FirstStop Advice can be accessed in a number of different ways:
• Web site: www.firststopadvice.org.uk
• National advice line: 0800 377 7070 (From mobiles: +44 203519 6002)
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Through AgeUk Warwickshire’s Housing and Care Options Service