You will be part of the Information and Advice Team and deal with enquiries and telephone calls, offering advice to a variety of people.
We ask for a minimum commitment of one half day per week (4 hours).
Summary of duties:
- Dealing with members of the public and professionals in a courteous and professional manner in order to communicate complex information in a way which is easy to understand.
- Interviewing clients, assessing problems and identifying possible courses of action, including referring clients to other sources of help.
- Mediating on a client’s behalf, for example, by writing letters or making phone calls.
- Keeping accurate and timely records.
Skills, experiences and qualities required:
- Good customer service skills including listening and communication.
- Effective administrative skills, and a good standard of IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, or other database, and internet.
- The ability to treat clients in a non- judgmental way.
- Good command of the English language.
What we offer:
- The chance to be part of a lively team who will facilitate your development with support and on-going training.
- The opportunity to be involved with projects where your own ideas and input will be valued.
- The chance to make a real contribution to Age UK Westminster’s work.
- Professional references.
- Travel & lunch expenses covered.
How to apply
To apply for this position please download and complete the application form below then send your completed application pack to email@example.com or send a printed copy to the address below.
Send completed applications to:
Age UK Westminster
Volunteer application pack
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with Age UK Westminster and have provided a copy of our application form for you to download.