Create the change you want to see in your community to make it more age friendly.
• Working with older people to research issues that are important to them and pull together ideas for investment.
• Providing investments: the maximum investment that can be agreed locally is £2,000 which is agreed by Local Investment Panels for each ward; the panels are made up of local older people. There have also been a limited number of larger investments of up to £10,000 available for innovative new projects. As the programme is now in its final year, we no longer offer investments.
• Developing ‘Making X a Greater Place to Grow Older’ forums in each ward to encourage a wide range of stakeholders living and working in each area to have their voice heard.
• Developing a research project in each ward looking at older people’s experiences of loneliness.
• Holding an annual showcase event highlighting the work we have done.
About the project
Led by GMCVO, the 5 year programme is delivered by a cross-sector partnership with Local Delivery Leads (LDLs) leading on the work in 24 wards across 8 local authorities in Greater Manchester. We are leading the delivery in Atherton, Leigh West and Pemberton.
The programme has produced a number of publications, including regular What's On Guides and Guides to Age Friendly Businesses in each of the three wards. To view all publications, click here.
For further information, please contact us:
Telephone: 01942 615895