Create the change you want to see in your community to make it more age friendly.
• Working with older people to research issues that are important to them and pull together ideas for investment.
• Providing investments: the maximum investment that can be agreed locally is £2,000 and this will be agreed by Local Investment Panels for each ward; the panels are made up of local older people. There are also a limited number of larger investments of up to £10,000 available for innovative new projects.
• Developing ‘Making X a Greater Place to Grow Older’ forums in each ward to encourage a wide range of stakeholders living and working in each area to have their voice heard.
• Developing a research project in each ward looking at older people’s experiences of loneliness.
• Holding an annual showcase event highlighting the work we have done.
About the project
Led by GMCVO, the 5 year programme is delivered by a cross-sector partnership with Local Delivery Leads (LDLs) leading on the work in 24 wards across 8 local authorities in Greater Manchester. We are leading the delivery in Atherton, Leigh West and Pemberton.
Ambition for Ageing Investments
For further information, please contact us:
Telephone: 01942 615880