Working in partnership with Wigan Council, this service provides support and practical assistance to people who are preparing to move to a care home.
Whether you live at home or are about to be discharged from hospital, we can provide help, advice and support to you and your family in order to make your move as smooth as possible.
We can help by offering a personalised service with emotional support for people making difficult decisions about their future needs. We also offer impartial advice and information on your choices for future long term care.
We can help you in several ways:
- By arranging transport to visit the homes of your choice
- By escorting you on these visits
- By giving you information on different ways to pay for your care
- By giving benefit entitlement advice
- By helping you look for suitable homes. We carry brochures and vacancy information on most homes within the Borough.
This service is to ensure that you have the choice of where you want to live when you need 24 hour care. Age UK Wigan Borough is here to provide you with as much assistance as possible to make that decision.
For further information, please get in touch:
Telephone: 01942 241972