Working in partnership with Wigan Council, our Housing and Care Options service will help you and your family prepare and plan for your housing and care needs.
The housing and care options service provides free, impartial information and advice for anyone over fifty years of age. The service will help you to plan and make informed choices over your current or future housing and care needs, including moving into a care home.
The service will help you feel more positive about the future. It will help you to take control and know about the help and support you can access if you were faced with a crisis or unexpected events. Knowing what to do and who to go to will help you to avoid unnecessary expense and unhappiness if you were faced with illness, bereavement or any other changes in your circumstances.
The service can liaise with other agencies and groups on behalf of individuals. You may need help to find a new home, or residential care, or to stay put and make adaptations to your current home. These changes would help to make your life safer and more comfortable and improve your general wellbeing.
Our Housing and Care Options Advice service is free to all that use it and will not affect any other services already in place.
- Information and advice about different types of affordable housing including sheltered accommodation, extra care schemes and care/nursing homes.
- Information and advice about how to make your home work for your changing needs, for example, care and support at home, getting aids and adaptations.
- Help with talking through options and how to go about achieving your aims.
- Help with housing application forms.
- Information about current vacancies in local care/nursing homes.
- Help to facilitate visits to sheltered, extra care schemes and care/nursing homes.
- Housing and care related advocacy.
For out more about our Housing and Care Options Service by watching the following film.
For more information, please contact us:
Telephone: 01942 615880