Our Housing and Care Options service will help you and your family prepare and plan for your housing and care needs.
The housing and care options service provides free, impartial information and advice for anyone over fifty five. The service will help you to discover what your housing and care options are and help you to plan and make informed choices over your current or future housing and care needs.
The service aims to provide practical help, information and support tailored to your personal needs by providing a person centred service as a vital link between individuals and services to help you and your family plan and choose a better future for when you get older. We work with volunteers to deliver our Silverlinks service. Our volunteers provide one to one support to older people and give them the benefit of their experiences and be a ‘listening ear’ to help people to make the housing connections. We also deliver ‘Pass It On’ workshops for anyone who would like to become involved or just more aware of their housing and care options.
The service will help you feel more positive about the future. It will help you to take control and know about the help and support you can access if you were faced with a crisis or unexpected events. Knowing what to do and who to go to will help you to avoid unnecessary expense and unhappiness if you were faced with illness, bereavement or any other changes in your circumstances.ere faced with illness, bereavement or any other changes in your circumstances.
The service can liaise with other agencies and groups on behalf of individuals. You may need practical help to move to a new home or to stay put and make adaptations to your current home. These changes would help to make your life safer and more comfortable and improve your general wellbeing.
Our Housing and Care Options Advice service is free to all that use it and will not affect any other services already in place.
- Help with housing application forms
- Advice on different types of affordable housing and how to make your home work for your changing needs.
- Housing and care related advocacy
- Help to facilitate visits to sheltered and extra care schemes
- Help with talking through options and how to go about achieving your aims. Is it better to stay in your home and look at adaptations, or go?
- Help to access the national EAC First Stop Housing and Care Options website and advice Line: 0800 377 70 70. For online resources for people who want to go further after Pass It On workshops.
For more information about Silverlinks click here.
For out more about our Housing and Care Options Service by watching the following film.
For more information, please contact us:
Telephone: 01942 241972