"If sport and physical activity was a drug it would be regarded as a miracle cure".
Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England.
We promote both physical and mental health and wellbeing and support older people to remain independent for longer by helping them to stay fit and active in later life.
Fitness and Friendship Clubs
We have set up a number of Fitness and Friendship clubs across Wiltshire, providing social clubs for older people with an emphasis on keeping active.
Interested in joining?
Pop along to the next session and have a chat with the class leader. You will be asked to complete a Safe to Exercise form and a consent form so please come 10-15 minutes earlier than the club opening time. Click here to find out where your nearest club is held. For more information call:
Sally Evans on 07754 612569 or Elaine Crabbe on 07951 346 992 or send them an email.
For details of other exercise and activity classes throughout Wiltshire please click here.
This service is supported by Sport England
Making ageing a positive experience
The Fitness and Friendship team at Age UK Wiltshire work to promote the health and well-being of those in our community in several ways:
- We run Fitness and Friendship Clubs
- We talk to local day centres and clubs about the benefits of active ageing
- We are available to offer support and advice on the value of exercise and activity to those making general enquiries.
- We provide information booklets on elements of healthy ageing including:
- More information leaflets are available from our National website.