Our Vision for Age UK Wirral is that it will:
• Be a high profile organisation, visibly active in the community, and the first point of contact for older people in the Borough wanting information or support
• Deliver a range of high quality services and activities that respond to the needs, expectations and aspirations of people in the local community, making a difference to their later life and adding social value.
• Have a focus on early intervention and prevention of deterioration in peoples’ health and well-being, in order to maintain their independence and quality of life for as long as possible.
• Have clearly defined charitable services as well as those delivered under contract
• Have a variety of secure funding streams, from both external sources and self-generated income, to establish a sound, firmly controlled financial basis for its continuing operation and development
• Be working in partnership rather than competition if this achieves the best result for older people
• Have a workforce we can be proud of, who feel valued, supported and respected.
Our Vision for older people on the Wirral is that they should be able to:
• Live as independently as they can
• Keep as well as possible
• Be part of their community
• Get the support they need
• Make their own decisions
• Retain dignity and respect
• Take up opportunities to do new things
• Get out and have friends
• Love later life
Our values are the beliefs and attitudes that shape the work we do with and for older people.
We believe that poverty, isolation and loneliness, poor services, inadequate care and support, discrimination and a lack of respect are unacceptable.
Underpinning our work are our core values. In everything we do we ensure that we are:
• Caring - we are passionate about what we do and care about each individual
• Enabling - we support older people to live independently and exercise choice
• Dynamic - we are innovative and driven to make a difference
• Influential - we champion the rights and value of older people
• Expert - we are authoritative, trusted and quality orientated
• Positive - we welcome challenges and celebrate achievements
• Respectful - we treat others as they would want to be treated