Volunteer with The Emotional Health & Wellbeing Service to gain your counselling hours or broaden your experience as a qualified counsellor. We work with clients from age 17 upwards with a diverse range of issues. (The photo shows Martine Gibson, one of our counsellors, with Corinna Parker, one of our counselling team).
As a volunteer for The Emotional Health & Wellbeing Service YOU can give something life changing to our local community.
What you can expect from volunteering for our service
- Become part of a dynamic team
- Gain placement hours and/or experience
- Support, mentoring (across all training agencies) and training
- A diverse range of appropriate clients
- Great networking opportunities
- The satisfaction of giving back to the local community
- We will cover you travel expenses (subject to area boundaries)
What we expect from you
- Our biggest expectation is that you are ready and willing to commit, not just to us as a team but also to your client base.
- That you will be a member of a professional association and work to their ethical framework
- That you will have your own professional indemnity insurance
- That you will have your own supervisor in place
- That, as a trainee you will have a fitness to practise document, or be fully qualified.
To apply for a placement with us please send your CV with covering letter to
To speak to a member of the team please call 0151 653 1971.