It is very important to us that our volunteers enjoy their volunteering role and get back as much as they put in. In order to prepare you for your volunteering role we have a recruitment and training process in place and only recruit to current volunteer vacancies.
As many volunteering roles involve contact with vulnerable older people, 2 references and DBS checks are required, where applicable, as a legal requirement and necessary under our safeguarding practices. This can take up to 8 weeks to complete.
There is no upper age limit to volunteer but you do need to be aged 16 or over to apply. Some roles also require a minimum time commitment.
We ask volunteers to:
- Attend informal interviews with the Volunteer Co-ordinator and the service line manager
- Complete an application form and provide us with 2 references – these cannot be relatives
- Undertake DBS and driving license checks where appropriate for the role
- Attend mandatory training sessions – usually at our King St Head Office in Blackburn
- Respect our organisational values and operating principles
“I volunteer here and I enjoy every minute.”
If you would like to volunteer please complete our volunteer enquiry form and return to the Volunteer Co-ordinator
Volunteer enquiry form (Word 141kb)
Volunteer enquiry form (PDF 160kb)
You can also contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator by emailing email@example.com or telephone 01254 266620