For Volunteering Opportunities and to find out more see the links below
There are many reasons that people give for volunteering. For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. From this perspective, volunteering can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills
- Knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving one's employment prospects
- Gaining an accreditation
- Using one's professional skills and knowledge to benefit others (usually described as pro bono)
For others, volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. These include:
- Meeting new people
- Making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
On top of this, many people volunteer for a variety of other reasons, such as:
- Giving something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person's life, either directly or indirectly
- A desire to make a difference to the lives of others
- Good karma
- Helping others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feeling part of a team
- Feeling valued
- Having quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Building up trust
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
Interested in volunteering? We would be delighted to hear from you! We have lots of opportunities for you to make a difference.
Some of the opportunities are listed below, but we may have more (such as in our offices and administration based) and we are open to your ideas. If you have a skill you would like to offer and believe can benefit our charity please get in touch.
An example of a skill offered to us was an interest in videography. As a result a promotional film was made for our media and to help us to fundraise. Please click here to read all about it.
All of our volunteers receive training and support from an appointed member of staff and opportunities to meet up.
Click here to find out about forth coming Volunteer meetings, training and social gatherings.
Click here to read about about our past events
Please click the links below to see the areas URGENTLY looking for Volunteer help: