Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly was established in 1972 and is the leading independent charity in Cornwall and The Isles of Scilly working to improve the wellbeing of people in later life.
We have five basic purposes:
- To provide support, products and services to older people that promotes independence, control and choice.
- To provide support to local communities so that they might offer sustainable solutions to individuals and families.
- To improve public understanding of older people by providing opportunities for older people to have their voices heard and by transmitting the needs and views of older people.
- To explore and promote new and creative ways of meeting established and newly identified needs affecting people in later life.
- To work in partnership to promote the interests of older people.