Wales's over 60s can get a free thermometer from their local Age Cymru to help them keep warm this winter.
We have produced the bilingual thermometer cards as part of our annual Keep Well this Winter campaign, as our Keep Well This Winter Co-ordinator Angharad Phillips says:
“Older people need to keep their homes warm during the winter months because the cold can have a detrimental effect on their health.
“Exposure to cold temperatures can lead to older people suffering from hypothermia and increase the risk of a stroke, heart attack or respiratory illnesses.
“This is why it is so important that older people are able to heat their homes between the safe range of 65 and 70 degrees Farenheit, which is 18 to 21 degrees Celsius.
”Age Cymru has produced these thermometer cards to help older people keep their homes at the right temperature this winter.”
Age Cymru runs the Keep Well this Winter campaign on behalf of the Welsh Government.
The thermometers are available from:
• Age Cymru Afan Nedd, Day centre, Riverside Walk, Port Talbot;
• Age Cymru Bangor, 299 High Street, Bangor;
• Age Cymru, Tŷ John Pathy, 13/14 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff;
• Age Cymru Caerphilly, 69 - 71 Cardiff Road, Caerphilly;
• Age Cymru Ceredigion (Aberystwyth office), 1A The Old Welsh School, Alexandra Road, Aberystwyth;
• Age Cymru Ceredigion (Cardigan office), 38 Pendre, Cardigan;
• Age Cymru Ebbw Vale, Unit 2B, The Walk, Ebbw Vale;
• Age Cymru Enterprises Limited Cardiff, 58 Merthyr Road, Whitchurch;
• Age Cymru Enterprises Limited Pontypridd, 89b Taff Street, Pontypridd, CF37 4SL;
• Age Cymru Gwent, 12 Baneswell Road, Newport;
• Age Cymru Gwynedd a Môn, Tŷ Seiont, Ffordd Santes Helen, Caernarfon;
• Age Cymru Mold, 28 High Street, Mold;
• Age Cymru Monmouth, Unit 4, Oldway Centre, Monmouth;
• Age Cymru Pembrokeshire, 37 Merlins Hill, Haverfordwest, SA61 1PE;
• Age Cymru Porthcawl, 37 John Street, Porthcawl, CF36 3AP;
• Age Cymru Pontypridd, 89b Taff Street, Pontypridd, CF37 4SL;
• Age Concern Powys (Builth Wells office), Crown Building, 11b Broad Street, Builth Wells, Powys;
• Age Concern Powys (Newtown office), 11&12 Market Street, Newtown, Powys;
• Age Cymru Rhyl, 77 High Street, Rhyl, LL18 1TH;
• Age Cymru Swansea Bay, Sun Alliance House, 166 / 167 St Helen's Road, Swansea;
• Age Cymru Sir Gâr, Units 5-11, LEC Workshops, 100 Trostre Road, Llanelli, SA15 2EA;
• Age Cymru Wrexham, 5a Trinity Street, Wrexham;