What is Advocacy?
Advocacy works around the belief that equal opportunities should exist for everyone. Advocacy seeks to ensure that people, particularly the most vulnerable in society are able to :
- Express their views and concerns
- Access information and services
- Defend and promote their rights and responsibilities
- Express options and choices.
In essence an advocate represents a sort of unconditionally for a vulnerable individual, they may in fact be the only person in that individual’s life who is on their side. Our fully trained Independent Advocates will:
- Support with needs assessments
- Support with care and support planning.
- Support with care reviews.
- Support with safeguarding enquiries.
- Support with safeguarding reviews.
- support people to explore their options.
- Empower people to make their own decision's,
Our 60 + Advocacy services are free confidential and independent.
If you or a person you know would benefit from a advocate please contact:
North/Mid Powys 01686 623707
South/Mid Powys 01597 825908