Advocacy is about working together to have your views heard...
- Advocacy involvement is short term, independent Advocates work with people on their specific issues.
- Advocates listen to what you want
- Advocates remain independent – to support you to express your views and wishes.
- Your Advocate will support you to understand and exercise your rights.
- Your Advocate will support you to research information
- Your Advocate will treat you with respect and dignity
- Your Advocate will enable you to be kept informed of progress
- Age UK Advocacy is free of charge
A Professional Advocate Can ...
- Help you to speak up and get heard
- Help you to explore choices and options
- Help you to challenge decisions that you do not feel are in your best interests
- Help you to challenge discrimination and abuse
- Help you to understand and exercise your rights
- Help you to make a complaint where you feel badly treated