We could never achieve what we do each year without the dedication and commitment of our wonderful team of volunteers.
Do you want to:
- give something back to the community?
- meet people and make new friends?
- learn new skills?
- contribute to the welfare of older people in Oldham?
- gain experience with older people?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then why not come and join us – be a volunteer with Age UK Oldham!
We need volunteers to be people who:
- are sympathetic to the needs of older people
- respect the dignity of older people friendly people who can be supportive
- can respect confidentiality
- are willing to learn new skills
- can commit themselves to a few hours a week or fortnight
We offer you:
- initial and on-going training
- payment of out of pocket expenses
- regular support and supervision
- a chance to meet people and learn new skills
- involvement in the care of older people
We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities available for people with all kinds of interests and skillsets. To find out more about the kind of help you can offer, click here.