It's just not fun eating a meal alone..... Our Enhanced Lunch Club service aims to combat social isolation by providing the opportunity for older people to meet and make new friends, join in a variety of activities and eat a healthy, home-cooked three course meal.
The Age UK Oldham Enhanced Lunch Clubs meet on a weekly basis at different locations around the borough and are a great way for older people to stay independent, make friends and try out new activities.
We provide a home-cooked hot meal made up of a main course and a dessert and can cater for specific dietary needs if advised in advance.
Our 'enhanced' service enables people who require a little assistance to attend the Lunch Clubs as carers and volunteers are available to offer support. Let us know if you have difficulties getting to our Lunch Clubs as we may be able to help to arrange transport so you can get to the club and home again,
The meal is just one part of the lunchtime experience, we also organise optional activities for attendees, such as quizzes, bingo, gentle exercise and singing, as well as parties at Christmas and other special occasions.
Our lunch clubs prove to be as much social as well as nutritional occasion – all for just £4.40!
Age UK Oldham Lunch Clubs:
Monday - Royton
- Downey House Lunch Club, St Paul’s,Church Road, Royton OL2 5JS
Tuesday - Greenacres
- Trevarrick Court, Greenwood Street, Greenacres, Oldham OL4 2BB
Wednesday - Lees
- Springlees Court, Oldham Road, Springhead OL4 5TP
Wednesday - Chadderton
- The Over 60s Club, 298a Broadway, Chadderton OL9 9QU
- St Paul’s Court, Ashton Road, Hathershaw OL8 1UX
Friday - Shaw
- St Paul’s Methodist Church, Rochdale Road, Shaw OL2 8AD
Sunday - Failsworth
- The Clock Café, Ena Hughes Centre, Ellesmere Street, Failsworth M35 9AD
If you are interested in joining any of our Enhanced Lunch Clubs, please complete the application form below or contact us on 0161 633 0213 for further information