Age UK is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, (registered charity number 1128267 and registered company number 6825798).
Registered office: Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9NA
VAT Number: 710384366
Age Concern England (charity number 261794) and Help the Aged (charity number 272786) and their trading and other associated companies merged on 1st April 2009. Together they have formed Age UK, a single charity dedicated to improving the lives of older people. The three national Age Concerns in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales have also merged with Help the Aged in these nations to form three registered charities: Age Scotland, Age NI, Age Cymru (“National Partners”).
Age Scotland, part of the Age UK family, is an independent charity dedicated to improving the lives of older people in Scotland within a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in Scotland.
Registered company number: 153343.
Registered charity No: SC010100.
Registered Office: Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR. Age Concern Scotland (charity number SC505071) and Help the Aged (charity number 272786) merged on 1st April 2009 to form Age Scotland.
Age NI, a company limited by guarantee registered in Northern Ireland and recognised as a charity by HM Revenue and Customs: registered office address 3 Lower Crescent, Belfast BT7 1NR, company number NI071940, HMRC Charity reference number XT14600. Age Concern Northern Ireland (HMRC charity reference number XN 48785A) and Help the Aged (charity number 272786) in Northern Ireland merged on 1st April 2009. Together they have formed Age NI.
Age Cymru, a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in Wales: registered office address Tŷ John Pathy, 13/14 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff CF24 5PJ; company number 6837284; registered charity number 1128436. Age Concern Cymru (charity number 505071) and Help the Aged (charity number 272786 merged on 1st April 2009 to form Age Cymru.
Age UK provide each of its National Partners with a website hosting service. This means that Age UK provides connectivity and space on a server owned by Age UK for use by its National Partners.
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to Age UK, and its trading and other associated companies where applicable (together “Age UK Group”) and its National Partners.
- Please read these terms carefully before using this website (“Site”). Your use of this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this Site.
- The Age UK Group reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- These terms and conditions apply to any site under the control of Age UK and from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
- Copyright in the material is owned by the Age UK Group, its National Partners and/or its content suppliers. The Age UK Group and its National Partners have made every effort to gain copyright for all written material on this Site. Any person who owns the copyright for material published on this Site, please contact us.
- Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of the Age UK Group and its National Partners or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. Documents (including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons without the prior written permission of the copyright holders on this Site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use. Should the Age UK Group and/or its National Partners receive any complaint with regard to third party material on this Site, it will review the matter and remove material at its sole discretion. The Age UK Group and/or its National Partners will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
- The photographs of adults or children used within this Site to illustrate the work of the Age UK Group and its National Partners are posed by models and do not depict actual situations.
- Materials on this Site are provided for the purposes of information or reporting only and should not be relied upon. Independent advice should be sought on financial, legal and medical matters.
- A licence is required to use Intellectual Property of the Age UK Group or its National Partners, including the Age UK, Age Cymru, Age Scotland Age NI name and logo. Age UK and its national partners shall consider such requests at its sole discretion. To request a licence contact us
- Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. Neither the Age UK Group or its National Partners is responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from the Age UK Site, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any website wanting to create a link to any Age UK or National Partner Site, or to request a link to be created to them, must contact us
- You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this Site.
- Unless otherwise requested, by posting messages on any Age UK Group or National Partner Site discussion board you are granting a license to the Age UK Group and its National Partners to reproduce these comments on any other part of the Site and in any other publications.
- Where you are able to submit any contribution to this Site you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant the Age UK Group and its National Partners a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant Age UK the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the Age UK Group and its National Partners.
- By submitting your contribution to the Age UK Group and its National Partners you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Age UK Group and its National Partners for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify the Age UK Group and its National Partners against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Age UK Group and its National Partners as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
- The Age UK Group and its National Partners has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this Site must be terminated immediately.
- The Age UK Group and its National Partners do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this Site.
- While Age UK endeavours to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, this is not guaranteed. Age UK does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. The Age UK Group and its National Partners may make changes to the materials on this Site, or to the information, products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials on this Site may be out of date, and the Age UK Group and its National Partners make no commitment to update the Materials on this Site.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Any questions regarding the Site can be addressed by contacting us