Returning to Scotland from abroad
If you are a British citizen who has lived abroad, and is considering returning to live in Scotland, there are many things you might need to consider.
- Do you have family members or pets that will move to Scotland with you?
- How will you access vital services such as a GP or social care?
- Can you bring your car with you?
- Will your financial situation change when you move, and will you be entitled to any benefits?
- How can you find out about the latest travel rules and restrictions?
Our Returning to Scotland from abroad guide can give you the information you need to begin planning your move.