Solicitors for Older People Scotland
We work in partnership with Solicitors for Older People Scotland.
Solicitors for Older People Scotland are a group of Scottish Law firms dedicated to providing legal services to older people. SOPS aim to remove the stress of seeing a lawyer. All members are regulated by the Law Society of Scotland and have signed up to a Code of Practice which aim to make older people more comfortable in dealing with lawyers.
The main areas of work are
- Powers of attorney
- Advanced Directives (often know as living wills)
- Creating Discretionary Trusts and other trusts
- Trust administration
- Executries - dealing with someone’s affairs after their death
- Estate and tax planning for families
- Preserving assets and care costs mitigation
- Guardianship and interventions orders
- Mental health
- Deprivation of liberty
- For Vulnerable People