The Age UK network includes Age Scotland, Age Cymru and Age NI and more than 150 local Age UKs throughout England. Together, we provide a very wide range of services to help people in later life throughout the UK.
What services do local Age UKs provide?
Local Age UKs in England provide a very wide range of services for older people including:
- information and advice on a wide range of topics - from benefits and entitlements to care and support
- social activities, including day centres, lunch clubs and befriending services
- home help, including handyperson and gardening schemes
- IT classes and other training
- and many other services - from toe-nail clipping and energy efficiency advice, to dance and exercise classes
Click on the 'Support near you' button in the box below, then type in your postcode to find out what services your local Age UK offers.
(Alternatively, you can click on 'Charity shops', then hit search to find Age UK shops in your area.)
More about Age UK
Each Age UK is an independent charity and together we work in a strong partnership to promote actively the well-being of people in later life through national and local campaigns, through influencing the media, by fundraising and through our range of products and services.
While your closest Age UK may not run the exact service you require, they'll be able to signpost to the nearest one who does.
Alternatively, please call the national information line where our team of trained operators will advise you on where to find the help or the information you need - 0800 169 65 65.