As part of our campaign for warm homes this year, we asked you to knit a warm home for Age UK.
Hundreds of you supported our campaign by knitting a warm home for Cold Homes Week (2-6 February 2015), a week of action organised by the biggest ever public campaign and alliance to end fuel poverty, the Energy Bill Revolution. Thank you so much for all your support!
We also ran a competition to win a prize* for the best knitted home - a Husqvarna Viking E20 sewing machine.
We can now announce that the winner of the sewing machine is Valerie Herlihy from Redditch, with her fantastic knitted house pictured above. Congratulations Valerie!
The following people also get special mentions for their houses:
- Audrey Haywood from Stoke-on-Trent
- Geraldine Brown from Hope Valley
- Gillian Hetherington from Suffolk
- Heather Sherwood from Chesterfield
- Nigel Hallworth from Trowbridge
- Pauline from Leeds
- Pauline Turner from Halifax
- Rose Barton (no address)
- Shu Qi Man from Hassocks
- Sue Barrass from Bradford
Well done and thank you to everyone who took part!
- View all competition entries on our Pinterest page
- Download the knitting pattern leaflet (PDF 265KB)
- NEW crocheted warm house pattern (PDF 523KB)
* For terms and conditions please download the knitting pattern leaflet