This course aims to offer the knowledge and skills care workers need to be able to safeguard the vulnerable adults in their care. Candidates will consider how to:
- recognise indicators and patterns of abuse
- respond to abuse including issues of confidentiality and disclosure
- report and record abuse including 'whistle-blowing'
- reduce the incidence of abuse
- identify relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- examine the role of the care worker in the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
Course duration: 3 hours
Contact the training team for more information.
Safeguarding vulnerable adults (6 hours)