Do you like art, needlework, knitting or other crafts? Then come along to one of our friendly groups
- North Shields at Linskill Centre, Linskill Terrace, NE30 2AY on Tuesdays from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Cost: 50p for refreshments
- Wideopen at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, NE13 6JJ on Tuesdays from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Wideopen Arts Group at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, NE13 6JJ on 3rd Monday of each month from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. Cost £4.00. (Special note: For the art group sessions in March and April 2017 the group will meet on Monday 13th March and Monday 24th April from 2:30-4:00pm, instead of the usual 3rd Monday of the month.) Download a flyer
Come along, buy a cuppa and have a chat
- Whitley Bay at Rendezvous Cafe, Duke's Walk, NE26 1TP on Tuesdays 2:00PM. Download a flyer
Monthly outings to make new friends and try new venues
Download our current programme
Healthy exercise for all abilities
- Active For Life: Wallsend at Allen Memorial Church Hall, Park Road, Wallsend, NE28 6QY on Fridays from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Cost: £2.50
- Seated Exercise Class:Wallsend at Battle Hill Multi Use Centre, North Bray Close, NE28 9RJ on Mondays from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Cost: Free
- Gentle circuits: West Moor at West Moor Community Centre, Benton Lane, NE12 7NP on Tuesdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £2.50
- Keep Fit: Whitley Bay at St Paul’s Church, Park View, Whitley Bay NE26 2TH) on Thursdays from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Cost: £2.50
Come and enjoy a friendly morning with other knitters or crocheters, beginners and experts welcome
Whitley Bay at Whitley Bay Comrades Club, 14 The Links, Whitley Bay, NE26 1PS on 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Cost: £2.00
Take part in various leisure activities e.g. playing cards and outings throughout the year. New members are always welcome to this social group.
North Shields at St Peter's Church Hall, Central Avenue, NE29 7JA on Thursdays from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Cost: £3.00
Come along and have a lot of fun
- Dudley at John Willie Sams Centre, Market Street, NE23 7HS on Tuesdays from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM. Cost: £2.50
- Killingworth at White Swan Centre, NE12 6SS on Mondays from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Cost: £2.50
- Whitley Bay at Whitley Bay Baptist Church, Park Avenue, Whitley Bay, NE26 1DX on Fridays from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £3.00
Coffee...chat...newspapers...try out new activities...trips out.
- Wallsend at Cedar Grove Wellbeing Centre, Cedar Grove, NE28 6PR. Meets fortnightly on Fridays from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM. Cost: £2.00 Download our leaflet
- Wideopen at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, Wideopen NE13 6JJ. Meets on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month from 10.00 AM to 12.00 AM. Cost: £2.00 (first 5 sessions free of charge) Download our leaflet
Good books and good conversation
- North Shields at Age UK’s Bradbury Centre, 13 Saville Street West, North Shields, NE29 6QP on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 1:45 PM to 3:30 PM.
- North Shields at Age UK’s Bradbury Centre, 13 Saville Street West, NE29 6QP on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Whitley Bay at Whitley Bay Library, Customer First Centre, York Road, NE26 1AB on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Wideopen at Wideopen Library, Canterbury Way, NE13 6JJ on the 2nd Monday of each month from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Gentle exercise to strengthen muscles, improve circulation & posture, relax mind & body
- Longbenton at Oxford Centre, West Farm Avenue, NE12 8LT on TThursdays from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. (school term times only). Cost: £4.00.
- North Shields at Christ Church Parish Centre, Preston Rd, North Shields NE29 0LW on Wednesdays from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Cost: £3.00
- North Shields at Royal Quays Community Centre, 9 Prince Consort Way, Royal Quays, NE29 6XB on Thursdays from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. (school term times only). Cost: £3.00
- Wallsend at Action for Blind People, Parkside House , East Elton Street, NE28 8QU on Mondays from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Cost: £3.00
- Whitley Bay at Foxhunters Pavillion, Rake Lane, North Shields, NE29 9QA on Mondays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £2.00
- Wideopen at St John’s Church Hall, Canterbury Way, Woodlands Park, Wideopen, NE13 6JQ on Mondays from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM. (school term times only). Cost: £5.00
- Willington Quay at St Paul’s Centre, George Street, NE28 6SL on Wednesdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. (school term times only). Cost: £4.00
Trip the light fantasic or come along and watch. (Dancing to recorded music)
- North Shields at St Cuthbert’s Parish Centre, Albion Road, NE29 0JB on Wednesdays from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Cost: £1.50
- Wallsend at Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Station Road, NE28 8SA on Mondays from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Cost: £1.50
Everyone welcome, from never-played-before to experienced player.
We play every Monday commencing at 11.00am at Star Bowling Royal Quays
North Shields at Star Bowling, Royal Quays on Mondays from 11:00 AM. Cost: £3.00 for two games (including a cup of tea)
Come along and have a chat and a cuppa with other Transvestites, Cross Dressers and Transsexuals.
- Whitley Bay at Age UK’s Whitley Bay Training Centre, Park Road, NE26 1LT 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Cost: £2.00
Guided walks for people aged 50+ with time to enjoy the scenery and make new friends
Download our current programme
Exercise to relax mind & body
- Forest Hall at Springfield Community Centre, NE12 9AG on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. Cost: £2.50