It is evident as we grow older that we will need help with small home repairs. Living comfortably in your own home is key to retaining independence.
For many older people, regular property maintenance and simple adaptations are all that is needed to create a safe, comfortable home.
Arranging a job from one of our HandyVan workers starts by making a telephone call to our HandyVan line.
We will ask for a few details and a brief description of the job needed and you then receive a follow-up call from us with a time and date of arrival of the Handyperson or contractor. You will also receive a free no-obligation quote - you may choose to proceed, wish to take the time to consider it or request another quote.... The choice is entirely yours!
Jobs our HandyVan Service can do
The type of repairs that the scheme covers include DIY jobs and maintenance that you usually carried out in the past, but no longer feel safe to do so.
We also work with a Gas Safe registered plumber, registered roofer and builder, gardener and a qualified electricians.
- Fitting of door bells, smoke detectors, locks, spy-holes, door-chains
- Extra phone sockets, tap washers, door locks, etc.
- Changing of light bulbs or batteries
- New sockets and light fittings
- Fixing of low-level items such as gates, fences, shelves and so on
- Securing loose floor coverings
- Putting up or taking down shelving
- General plumbing
- Replacing taps, leaking taps or outside taps
- Gardening - power washing paths or drives
- Fitting of grab rails and keysafes
- Moving furniture around the home
- Fitting a gas fire, installing a new gas cooker
- Changing and fitting light fittings
- Roof and guttering
- Garden walls and paths
This scheme is not intended to deal with any emergency repairs, such as leaks or flooding. Nor can we undertake large scale decorating.
Assurance of quality
All our Handyworkers are experienced and trained to complete our range of tasks. All staff, including Assessors, are DBS checked.
We want to ensure that you are happy with the work completed before requesting payment and will ask all of our clients to complete a Quality Questionnaire.
How much will it cost?
We will give you a free, no obligations quotation and offer a competitively priced service.
- Our internal service charge is £25.00 per one hour of work completed and a minimum charge of £15.00.
- Our contractors (electrician / plumber / gas engineer / joiner / roofer) charge a minimum of £30.00 per hour.
HandyVan Line: 0161 622 9277