Any amount of time that you can afford to give to Age UK Plymouth is greatly appreciated, anything from 1 hour per month to 7 hours per day. If you have the time, we have the volunteering opportunity to suit you.
We are now also on Facebook, please Like our page to keep up to date with all the volunteering news by clicking here.
We have many volunteering roles available including
- Helping in our Day Centres and active Ageing Centres
- Providing arts and crafts, exercise, dance, musical or leisure sessions
- Administrative and reception support
- Gardening at our centres
- Becoming a Trustee
- Assisting in our kitchens and coffee shops
- Delivering training courses
- Teaching older people to use technology such as computer skills and how to use a mobile phone
When you volunteer for Age UK Plymouth you can expect
- A structured recruitment procedure
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- A volunteer training programme
- Regular supervision, team meetings and information sessions
Current Volunteer Vacancies
Catering Assistant - William & Patricia Venton Centre
Catering Assistant - William Venton Centre
Grants & Funding Assistant
Information & Advice Volunteer
Sunday Lunch Club Volunteer
Home Hot Meals Delivery Driver
Apply to be a volunteer
We have received this from one of our former volunteers, who recently left to take up paid employment:
I just want to say thank you to everyone at Age UK Plymouth for giving me the opportunity to volunteer. My confidence was very low following a period of illness and I did not feel I could cope with much. I began by serving the lunches in the dining room and very soon I realised that I could do this. I was then encouraged to serve in the coffee shop. I got to know the staff and the customers and really looked forward to my two days a week. You are so used to volunteers of differing abilities so you made it easy to settle in. I enjoyed the experience of working with different people and I used this experience to apply for a job as a support worker.
I really enjoyed my time as a volunteer with Age UK Plymouth I am grateful that you gave me that opportunity,I really think you put me back together, and thanks to that experience that I had the confidence to apply for a job as a support worker.