Age UK Essex is proud to have supported nearly a million people over the years, but the work doesn't stop there. Right now, more people are calling upon us for help and to keep pace with demand we have to raise funds to continue to provide our free support services.
Over the past few years statutory funding has dropped significantly, and as a brand partner of the national Age UK charity, many people perceive we are nationally funded, which sadly is not the case.
Every penny we need to provide life-changing support services across Essex now has to be raised locally through donations, fundraising events, sponsorship opportunities and legacies, so we can offer a range of ways people can choose to support us. Not everyone will want or be able to make a donation, but it is not always about hard cash. At Age UK Essex we feel it is vitally important that people know how they can support, where their money is going and that people have a choice on how and if we can communicate with them.
We want to reassure our current and future supporters that Age UK Essex:
- Does not undertake any fundraising door-to-door activity
- Does not ask for direct debit donations on the street
- Does not share or sell people’s data beyond the Age UK Group
- Does not ‘cold-call’ people for fundraising purposes
- Only contacts people with whom we have an existing relationship or who have already given us permission to contact them
- Every direct communication from us will always include how to opt out or change future what you wish to receive from us.
- Fundraising is regulated by the Fundraising Standards Board and as such we always abide by the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice to show that all of our activities are open, fair, honest and legal.
- Communications are reviewed and we are happy to receive suggestions from you on how we could improve things.
We hugely value the help of all our kind supporters and we take all feedback seriously. We also feel it is important to say thank you and we would like to acknowledge the kindness you have shown in support for our work. We would also encourage supporters to share feedback with us so we can address any enquiries and concerns.
If you have any questions or concerns about our fundraising activities or initiatives then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Post: Fundraising team, Widford Hall, Widford Hall Lane, Off Tattersall Way, Chelmsford Essex CM2 8TD
Phone: 01245 207 065
Thank you for your support, we simply couldn't do without you!