We're a local charity supporting older people, their families and carers.
Our aim is to make Herefordshire & Worcestershire a great place to grow older!
Who we are
We are an independent, local charity and brand partner of Age UK, working in the two counties and striving to make Herefordshire and Worcestershire a great place to grow older.
Where you can find us
Our main office is in Worcester.
We also have offices or drop-in sessions in Hereford, Broadway, Ross and Droitwich.
What we do
- To improve the quality of life for all older people across Herefordshire and Worcestershire by promoting choice, opportunity and independence, by providing direct services to older people, supporting others who provide services, liaison, awareness raising and campaigning.
Our Strategic Aims
To Promote Positive Attitudes to Ageing. We will do this by:
- Treating all older people fairly and with respect, recognising their different needs, choices and values
- Promoting the value of older people in their communities and to each other
- Increasing awareness of opportunities available to older people
- Enabling older people to influence strategic planning and service delivery
- Promoting the contribution older people can make through their involvement in service provision
- Identifying and developing new areas of activity and training for older people
Provision of Direct Support/Services. We will:-
- Provide information and support to older people through direct service provision of a consistently high standard
- Identify and develop new areas of activity to reflect needs and demands
- Continue to work with under-represented groups and other agencies to ensure that all older people receive the services and support to which all are entitled
- Develop and support partnerships within Herefordshire and Worcestershire to extend opportunities for service delivery
- Raise awareness of and to communicate the work of the Organisation
Raising Standards. We will support others:-
- Working with older people to develop high standards of care
- Working with older people to manage and maintain their high standards of care
- To ensure they treat older people with dignity and care
Ageism is unacceptable:
- We are against all forms of discrimination; challenge unfair treatment on grounds of age; and represent the views of older people to ensure their voice is heard
All people have the right to make decisions about their lives:
- We help older people to discover and exercise these rights
People less able to help themselves should be offered support:
- We seek to support older people to live their lives as independently as possible.
- We believe people who are supported should be treated with dignity and respect in all supported settings
We believe in working with others to make Herefordshire & Worcestershire a better place to grow older:
- We recognise the value of collective action and where possible we will work with others with diverse strengths in our community to ensure older people are cared about
How we are funded
- Your support and donations enable us to reach more older people who need access to information, guidance and services. We are funded through a range of sources including donations, legacies, health & local government contracts, and paid for services. To find out more, please see our latest Annual Report.