Thank you to everyone that helped us with our Big Knit Campaign!
We would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone that got involved with knitting mini hats for our campaign. We have reached our target of 4000 hats for the 2020/2021 campaign! We receive 25p for every hat we send in, this means we have £1000 from this campaign that will go straight back into our community to support more older people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
The Big Knit is a partnership campaign between local Age Uks, Age UK National and Innocent Drinks. The campaign has been running since 2003 and with the help of many volunteers last year a total of 1.5 million little hats were sent into Age UK, raising just under £3 million for local Age UKs across the country!
Anyone can get involved, whether you’re a pro or a novice, read more below about how you can get involved and even view our 'how to' video if you are new to knitting!
We'd love for you to get involved in our next Big Knit campaign! You can start knitting now and we will keep your hats safe for the next campaign. Simply follow the steps below:
- Grab your knitting needles and any colour wool
- If you are new to knitting you can watch our 'how to' video below to learn how to knit your mini hat
- You can download the big knit patterns below or download our Big Knit pack here
- Get knitting!
- Once you've completed your hats you can drop them into our Malvern Gate office or Ross-on-Wye office - please call 0800 008 6077 to arrange a drop-off.
You can also send them in the post to our Malvern Gate office. Ensure to enclose your name, how many hats you've knitted and our consent form so we can send you a thank you!
For every bottle sold we receive a 25p donation, which helps us reach more people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
Need some new ideas to get you going? Why not try:
- Setting yourself a hat challenge! Try knitting 100 hats in 6 months!
- Encouraging your local knit & natter group to knit hats too!
- Set up your own knitting group with your friends, zoom is a great way to keep in touch with others to discuss progress and what new patterns you have been trying!
With your help in 2021 we sent off 4000 hats! We couldn't do this without the incredible support of all our knitters, so thank you for making this possible!
So grab your needles and your yarn and let's get knitting! It really is this easy:
Sign up for Big Knit Updates
Sign up to Age UK National's Big Knit updates and they will keep you updated on all things Big Knit and the ways that they provide practical and emotional support to older people.
Send your hats to us at:
Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire
Don't forget: the date, our Big Knit consent form & how many hats you've knitted!
Contact Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077