Could you spare a few hours a week to help an older person to get online and feel confident using technology?
Our regular computer café runs at our Malvern Gate Office, Bromwich Road, Worcester, WR2 4BN.
We offer 121 digital support from our Ross-on-Wye Office, Palma Court, 27 Brookend Street, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 7EE
There are opportunities to offer support across other parts of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Purpose of the role:
Our digital support volunteers support clients with technology. This can be done via 1:1 support in older people’s homes and computer cafe drop in sessions through to larger scale community events - simple things that can make a big difference to people who can’t or don’t use the internet.
You could be assisting people with things like:
• Teaching someone to use internet search engines
• Helping someone set up an email account
• Setting up someone with Skype/Zoom/Facetime
• Showing someone how to research activities in their area
• Assisting someone to order an online grocery shop
What will I get out of it?
• You will meet new people.
• You will have the opportunity to improve your communication skills.
• You will be given full training for the role.
• You will have the opportunity to attend other Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
• You will be helping to support people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
• You will be part of a close knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is required of me?
• Our digital support volunteers are required to have a patient and understanding attitude when they are helping to support clients.
• If you choose to volunteer at one of our drop in computer cafes you are required to commit to volunteering at the same time every week. Don’t worry if you are not well or are on holiday, we can always arrange cover for you.
• A Digital support volunteer doesn't have to be an IT whizz; they just need to have a bit of spare time, an enjoyment of being online themselves, some confidence with basic computer use, and, most of all, a willingness to help others.
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including our in-house Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 008 6077
It's quick and easy to become a volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively if you would like a printable version please email email@example.com
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077