Location: Drybridge House Centre, St Martins St, Hereford, HR2 7SG or Droitwich Spa Meeting Centre, Droitwich Spa Rugby Club, Hanbury Road, Droitwich. WR9 7DU.
Purpose of the role:
Our Day Centre Activity volunteers are there to support our sessions at our community centres. This could involve activities such as, music, crafts, light exercise sessions, games and reminiscence. It may also involve assisting with refreshments throughout during the day.
What will I get out of it?
• You will meet new people.
• You will have the opportunity to improve your communication skills.
• You will be given full training for the role.
• You will have the opportunity to attend other Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
• You will be helping to support people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
• You will be part of a close knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is required of me?
• Our day centre activity volunteers are required to have a patient and understanding attitude when they are helping to support clients.
• We require our day centre activity volunteers to attend a set day/time to their chosen centre. Don’t worry if you are not well or are on holiday, we can always arrange cover for you.
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including our in-house certificated Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 008 6077
Alternatively, please download and fill out the application form below:
It's quick and easy to become a volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively if you would like a printable version please email email@example.com
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077