Location: Various locations across Worcestershire.
Purpose of the role:
Working within our Home Support team we are recruiting volunteers to help move furniture to support clients to come home from a stay in hospital safely. Sometimes a client may live alone and after a visit in hospital they may need a bed or other furniture moving downstairs. No equipment is needed, just a willingness to help!
What will I get out of it?
• You will have the opportunity to attend Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
• You will be helping to support people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
• You will be part of a close knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is required of me?
• A willingness to get stuck in.
• A knowledge of correct moving and handling procedures.
• We require our furniture mover volunteers to be flexible to an extent, as sometimes our services are required at short notice. Don’t worry if you are not well or are on holiday, we can always arrange cover for you.
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including our in-house Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 008 6077
It's quick and easy to become a volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively if you would like a printable version please email email@example.com
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077