Our Home from Hospital service supports adults after a stay in hospital, volunteers will visit the client's home over 2/3 days to ensure they have everything they need to assist their recovery.
Location: Client’s homes across Worcestershire (we will match you with a client that lives as close to you as possible)
Purpose of the role:
The Home from Hospital service provides support for adults in Worcestershire after a stay in hospital to assist their recovery. Volunteer support is practical, no personal care is required.
Tasks may include:
- Meet and greet the client at their home after their stay in hospital
- Ensure the home is warm
- Provide an essential shop if needed.
- Attend healthcare appointments with the client.
- Light housework
- Support you to set up home shopping
- Signposting to information and advice/benefits and other support services via our Home Support Team.
What will I get out of it?
- You will meet new people.
- You will be given full training for the role.
- You will have the opportunity to attend other Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
- You will be helping to support people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
- You will be part of a close knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is required of me?
- Our Home from Hospital volunteers are required to have a patient and understanding attitude when they are helping to support clients.
- We expect our Home from Hospital volunteers to be supporting clients for an average of 2-3hrs per week but you are of course welcome to volunteer as much or as little as you comfortable with.
- Don’t worry if you are not well or are on holiday, we can always arrange cover for you.
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including our in-house Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 008 6077
It's quick and easy to become a volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively if you would like a printable version please email email@example.com
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077