As a Marketing & promotions volunteer you will support our busy back office team to promote our work and reach more older people across the two counties.
Location: Various locations across Herefordshire and Worcestershire or our Malvern Gate office.
Purpose of the role:
As a Marketing volunteer you may support our busy back office team to promote our work and reach more older people across the two counties.
Depending on your experience and what you would like to do, the role may include:
• Creating and distributing fliers and service information
• Helping to keep the website up to date
• Creating infographics for social media and our website
• Social media post scheduling
• Updating databases
• Filling and organising
What will I get out of it?
• You will meet new people.
• You have the opportunity to get creative with marketing ideas.
• You will have the opportunity to attend Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
• You will be helping to support people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
• You will be part of a close knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is required of me?
• Good communication, administration and media skills are desirable.
• A knowledge of marketing whether that is through education or personal experience is desirable.
• A knowledge of social media and it’s benefits is desirable
• A knowledge of design software e.g. Canva or Adobe Photoshop is desirable.
Visual Storyteller volunteers
We are particularly looking for volunteers that have an interest in photography or videography (or both!) that are interested in helping us to tell the stories of people that have used Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
The role will involve carry out case studies with clients, whether that is via a phone call, in person or through letters. You’ll be helping the public to see the faces behind the stories and helping people who often don’t have a voice to tell their stories.
We also offer work experience placements to students over 18 years old with relevant study. For more information contact the marketing department: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note due to Covid-19 we aren't currently taking on any work experience placements, please keep in touch with us to find out more.
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including our in-house certificated Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 0800 008 6077
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077