Coud you help us to improve the quality of life for older people by giving Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (MCST) to people with a diagnosis of dementia?
Location: Throughout Worcestershire
Hours: Sessions run once a week at our meeting centres.
Purpose of the role:
This is a very rewarding role, working with our friendly Living Well team to support people who have mild to moderate dementia, their families and carers.
What will I get out of it?
• You will meet new people.
• You will be involved in a rewarding volunteering role.
• It gives you a routine.
• You will have the opportunity to improve your communication skills.
• You will be given full training for the role and have opportunities to attend other Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
• You will be helping to support older people across Worcestershire.
• You will be part of a close-knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is required of me?
• Our Living Well volunteers are required to have a patient and understanding attitude when they are helping to support clients.
• We require our volunteers to commit to one day of volunteering per week. Don’t worry if you are not well or are on holiday, we can always re-arrange your appointments.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed to you.
Please note that, because of the nature of this work, we recruit volunteers to this role individually. Any current vacancies are advertised on our Job Opportuntiies page
The full person specification is here.
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction and training for your specific role, including our in-house certificated Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
Apply now by clicking on the link below, or for more information please contact our volunteering team.
It's quick and easy to become a volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively if you would like a printable version please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077