Reach is a pilot project which supports our older LGBT+ Community with telephone companionship. Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire, Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin and SAND (Safe Ageing No Discrimination) are working in partnership to reach more older LGBT+ people and increase visibility and support for the LGBT+ Community. .
Location: Home based
Reach is a service providing a free, regular telephone call, suitable for individuals who:
- Identify as LGBT+ or care for an individual who identifies as LGBT+
- Are isolated or feeling lonely
- Have access to a landline or mobile telephone
- Would benefit from calls on a weekly basis
As a volunteer you will be expected to:
- Commit to making, at a minimum, weekly telephone calls
- Provide and facilitate non-judgmental, friendly conversation aimed at reducing loneliness and isolation
- Attend training and meetings that may be held
- Complete a call report at the conclusion of your call
- Report any concerns in relation to the welfare of the person who you support
- Keep up to date in relation to community services that may provide signposting opportunities for the person who you support
- Demonstrate an understanding or a willingness to learn about the history, needs, complexities and cultural sensitivities of the LGBT+ community and their allies.
As a Reach pilot project volunteer you will be expected to:
- Complete a questionnaire before commencing Reach training
- Be prepared to provide feedback about your involvement in Reach
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including training from both Age UK H&W and SAND. You will also receive a DBS check.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 0800 008 6077 Alternatively, please complete the application form below:
It's quick and easy to become a reach volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively, if you would like a printable version please email firstname.lastname@example.org