Do you enjoy helping and speaking to people? We are looking for friendly volunteers to support our busy reception team.
Location: Malvern Gate, Bromwich Road, Worcester, WR2 4BN
Purpose of the role:
Our reception volunteers provide essential support, duties will include:
• Meeting and greeting clients and visitors
• Take incoming calls, messages and direct calls where appropriate.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
• Carry out housekeeping tasks for meetings and the organisation in general i.e. setting up meeting rooms, organising refreshments etc
• General admin tasks as required by the organisation
What will I get out of it?
• You will meet new people.
• You will have the opportunity to improve your customer service and phone skills.
• You will be given full training for the role.
• You will have the opportunity to attend other Age UK H&W training courses for free like Dementia Awareness training.
• You will be helping to support people across Herefordshire & Worcestershire.
• You will be part of a close knit team of volunteers and staff.
What is expected of me?
• Our reception volunteers are expected to be professional and supportive when speaking to clients whether that is in person or over the phone. Full training will be given on how to support clients appropriately.
• We expect our reception volunteers to commit a set time to volunteer, if this changes that is fine, just let us know!
As a volunteer at Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire you will receive a full induction, including our in-house Bitesize training, and a DBS check where necessary.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 008 6077
It's quick and easy to become a volunteer
Click apply now to complete our online application form. Alternatively if you would like a printable version please email email@example.com
Contact our volunteering team:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077