Location: We are actively seeking roles across Evesham and Pershore.
Responsible to: Home Support Team Leader
Hours: Flexible hours are available as and when clients require the service. Clients usually require assistance between 9-5pm Monday to Friday.
We cannot guarantee a set number of hours when you start employment, however, we will work towards building your client base on the number of hours you require.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To deliver a high-quality gardening service for older people across Worcestershire. The service is designed to help older people look after their gardens by providing a practical service which enables them to maintain a safe environment and support to retain their independence.
Tasks which are included in the gardening service are mowing lawns and cutting the hedges, cutting back shrubs, painting sheds/fence’s and generally providing a garden maintenance service that takes the worry out of keeping a garden tidy for our clients. Our gardeners are reliable and trustworthy and generally work alone, using their own initiative to provide the kind of service that suits the client.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide flexible support to clients
- To undertake risk assessments and other safety and security checks as required.
- To maintain equipment, arrange storage, security and maintenance of equipment as appropriate.
- Operate and maintain a variety of gardening tools/ electrical equipment supplied by Age UK H&W in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations or operate clients gardening tools/ electrical equipment in line with Age UK’s H&W risk assessment.
- To complete or assist with tasks as requested by the client in the allocated time
- To adhere to policies and procedures as detailed in the Gardening Handbook
- To handle client monies in line with procedures
- To maintain the trust and confidence of the client within the Help at Home ethos of caring and safeguarding the client.
- To alert the Home Support Team Leaders of any safeguarding issues.
- To be aware of and follow the guidelines set out in the Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- To report all compliments/complaints to the Help at Home Team Leader.
- To follow confidentiality and GDPR outlined in policies and procedures.
- To ensure timesheets are completed in an accurate and timely manner, informing the office of any missed visits or cancellations.
- To attend training courses, staff and team meetings.
- To be aware of and promote where appropriate the other services offered by Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
- To actively support and promote Age UK H&W’s vision which is “Making Herefordshire & Worcestershire a great place to grow ”.
- To carry out any reasonable requests from Age UK H&W.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances, in discussion with the post holder. This role profile is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role with initial and on-going discussions with the designated manager.
The following criteria will be assessed from information provided on your completed application form, during the shortlisting and assessment process, and by your referees.
- To have an interest in general gardening.
Skills and abilities:
- Genuine desire to work with older people and help them improve or maintain their wellbeing and independence.
- Friendly and personable manner.
- Patient manner and empathy with older people.
- Work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload. Deliver high operational standards.
- Ability to listen with a person-centred approach.
- To build trust and empathy with the client
- Basic knowledge of IT and have access to internet and device.
- Command of English both written and verbal.
- Access to own transport with a full driving licence, business car insurance, MOT & tax.
- An Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required
- Experience in gardening.
- Experience Working with older people and understanding their needs and wants.
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is a Brand partner of Age UK
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is a member of, and works within, the philosophy and principles of the Age England
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is committed to equal opportunities, principles and
- All staff, in their roles and working collaboratively, will be expected to pursue the aims and objectives of Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire set out in the overall strategic plan of the
- All staff must work within the policies and guidelines adopted by the Organisation
- All staff will participate in the supervision and appraisal systems adopted by the Organisation.