Department: Home Support
Responsible to: Home Support Team Leader
Hours: We are looking for flexible hours with a minimum of 10 per week and contracted 15 hours per week.
Location: Assistants required in Herefordshire, Evesham, Pershore, Droitwich, Worcester City, Malvern and surrounding villages.
Hourly Rate: £10.42
Closing date for Herefordshire applications: Friday 6th October 2023
The Help at Home service aims to support older people by providing assistance with those tasks they may have difficulty doing themselves and thus enabling them to stay in their own home and maintain their independence and improve their wellbeing.
This chargeable service offers our clients help with a variety of tasks, the most common task that is required and expected of the role is cleaning as well as other tasks such as:
- General housework including
- Cleaning including fridges, freezers and ovens
- Sorting and tidying
- Laundry and ironing
- Helping to change beds
- Light gardening
- Taking clients to appointments or social events
- Preparing light meals
- Writing and reading letters
- Reading books, newspapers
- Having a cup of tea and a chat
(please note there is no personal care required)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide flexible support to clients.
- To complete or assist with tasks as requested by the client in the allocated time.
- To adhere to policies and procedures as detailed in the Help at Home Handbook.
- To handle client monies in line with procedures.
- To maintain the trust and confidence of the client within the Help at Home ethos of caring and safeguarding the client.
- To alert the Help at Home Team Leaders of any safeguarding issues.
- To be aware of and follow the guidelines set out in the Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- To report all compliments/complaints to the Help at Home Team Leader.
- To follow confidentiality and GDPR outlined in policies and procedures.
- To ensure timesheets are completed in an accurate and timely manner, informing the office of any missed visits or cancellations.
- To attend training courses, staff and team meetings.
- To be aware of and promote where appropriate the other services offered by Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
- To actively support and promote Age UK H&W’s vision which is “Making Herefordshire & Worcestershire a great place to grow ”.
- To carry out any reasonable requests from Age UK H&W.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances, in discussion with the post holder. This role profile is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role with initial and on-going discussions with the designated manager.
- Understanding and experience of domestic duties.
- Working with older people and understanding their needs and wants.
Skills and Abilities:
- Genuine desire to work with older people and help them improve or maintain their wellbeing and independence.
- Friendly and personable manner.
- Patient manner and empathy with older people.
- Work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload. Deliver high operational standards.
- Ability to listen with a person-centred.
- To build trust and empathy with the client.
- Basic knowledge of IT and have access to internet and device.
- Presentable appearance.
- Command of English both written and verbal.
- Access to own transport with a full driving licence, business car insurance, MOT & tax.
- An Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required.
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is a Brand partner of Age UK
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is a member of, and works within, the philosophy and principles of the Age England
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is committed to equal opportunities, principles and
- All staff, in their roles and working collaboratively, will be expected to pursue the aims and objectives of Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire set out in the overall strategic plan of the
- All staff must work within the policies and guidelines adopted by the Organisation
All staff will participate in the supervision and appraisal systems adopted by the organisation.