Department: Home Support
Responsible to: Home Support Service Manager
Hours: 15 hrs
Base: Malvern Gate, with travel for home visits as required
Salary: £12,931 (£29,904 pro - rata)
To provide a regular Podiatry service to people over the age of 50 across Worcestershire, which includes clinic delivery and home visits. To be responsible for the day to day management of patients and clinics on the Age UK H&W Podiatry service.
- To assess, diagnose and treat problems of the foot for people over the age of 50 in a clinic settings and within clients homes, specialising in the treatment and management of the foot and ankle.
- Dealing with a wealth of different conditions ranging from ingrown toenails, corns, calluses, verrucae’s, fungal infections, biomechanical to the complexities of the diabetic foot.
- To discuss treatments with patients and refer them to appropriate professionals when necessary.
- To advise patients on maintaining foot health, especially to those vulnerable patients with general medical problems.
- To provide long term care for people at high risk of foot injury or disability eg: those with diabetes.
- To undertake home risk assessments of the client home and venue risk assessment of outreach venues on the first visit and raise any concerns with Service Manager reviewing these risks at each subsequent visit.
- To maintain accurate and contemporaneous client records using designated electronic/other organisational databases.
- To undertake banking of any monies taken from clients in a timely manner.
- To work collaboratively with the finance team to ensure a smooth transition of payments is met.
- To form an active part of the team, participating in team meetings and attending regular 1-1s and appraisals.
- To think and act in a supportive and non-judgmental way .
- To be prepared to undertake regular training as required by the Service, including online training modules.
- To carry out any additional relevant tasks or duties as required on the instruction of any manger.
- To ensure that safeguarding of service users is a key priority and take any necessary internal and external procedures and actions.
- Work in accordance with GDPR, Safeguarding, best practice and quality frameworks.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and learning. Undertake training as required.
- Positively promote and publicise the work of Age UK H&W.
- Any other duties as appropriate as requested by the organisation.
- HPC approved qualification (Degree) in podiatry / chiropody.
- Registered member of recognised body
- Own insurance to practice
- Diagnosing and treating a wide range of foot problems
- Carrying out a range of treatments including the use of scalpels, chemicals, and local anaesthetics
- Communication with the general public, particularly older people
- Use of computers and other office equipment
- Experience of working in situations where confidentiality is necessary
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Own insurance to practice
- Driving licence and access to a car
- A working knowledge of the local area.
- Previous experience with engaging with older adults
- Up to date practices and methods for delivering the service
- Experience of working with or in heath Health, social care services.
- Good command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience of developing, delivering and reporting against commissioned services.
Our Charity Values:
- We are friendly
- We work together
- We make a difference
- We are always learning
- We are flexible
All post holders are expected to know, understand and act within the ethics and values of the Charity.
You will be required to pass a disclosure check regarding spent and unspent convictions and cautions before commencing work. If you disclose any information, you will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any assistance with applying, for example, an alternative format for your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is in full membership of, and works within, the philosophy and principles of the Age UK Federation.
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is committed to equal opportunities, principles and practice.
- All staff, in their particular roles and working collaboratively, will be expected to pursue the aims and objectives of Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire set out in the overall strategic plan of the Organisation.
- All staff must work within the policies and guidelines adopted by the Organisation
- All staff will participate in the supervision and appraisal systems adopted by the Organisation.
- Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire is recognised as an Investor in People and, in its commitment to staff and organisational development, will identify training needs and will expect and encourage the involvement of all staff in meeting them appropriately.