Armed Forces Veterans and Carers Service
- Location: Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Price: Free
We are committed to supporting older armed forces veterans and their carers. Many people are unaware of the additional support and services which are available throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire. In addition to a bespoke information and guidance service, our friendly team will take the time to listen and help you connect with organisations and community groups.
Who is this service for?
- Did you serve in the Armed Forces?
- Do you care for someone who is an Armed Forces Veteran?
- Did you do National Service or were you a reservist?
- Do you have a family member who is an Armed Forces Veteran?
We are committed to supporting older Armed Forces Veterans and their carers.
What can you support with?
We have a wide range of services that we offer to Armed Forces Veterans and their carers. Here are just a few:
- Support with applying for a Veterans badge or unclaimed medal
- Free benefit checks & help to complete forms
- Information and support to access Veteran-specific services.
- Social groups & events
- Getting support at home
- Support with accessing grant funding
- Support to use technology
- Enhancing independence
- Maximising income
- Improving wellbeing
- Handy information guides & factsheets
- Connecting with local services and activities
Feedback from our beneficiaries:
“Outstanding! Done with compassion and terrific organising ability"
"Words cannot express how wonderful your service is and how lucky we are to have you. Everyone we have had contact with has been so kind and understanding"
“I feel the veterans service is doing a first-class job. As a veteran we have been used to a lot of personal contact and companionship, at later period in life when you lose close friends and family loneliness becomes a big problem and the veterans service really helped to stop this”