On 5th January 2021 England went into a National Lockdown meaning you should only leave home for essential reasons.
We’ve briefly outlined what these restrictions mean below:
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubbleor childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible
You can read more about the national lockdown here.
At Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire we are continuing to support as many people as we can across the two counties following Government guidelines. You can read our latest update on how we are supporting people below:
- Unfortunately, our Malvern Gate office isn’t open to the public yet, meaning we are unable to run drop in appointments at the moment. We are however committed to supporting older people, their families and carers via phone calls. Our phone lines are open Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. 0800 008 6077
- Our Ross-on-Wye office is also currently closed for drop in appointments. Our team are still here to offer support for older people living in Ross-on-Wye and the surrounding area. They can provide support via telephone with: information & advice, support with form filling, companion line and signposting to support.
- Our Living well team are continuing to offer support via telephone.
- Our Home support team are continuing to provide face to face support following Government guidelines including the use of PPE.
- Our Companion Line is continuing to run as normal with volunteers making phone calls from home. If you would like to make a referral please call 0800 008 6077. If you are interested in volunteering for this service please email: email@example.com or call 0800 008 6077.
- Both our Drybridge House Centre in Hereford and Droitwich Spa Meeting Centre are temporarily closed. If you or someone you know would like to speak to us about our centres please contact us.
- Our wellbeing activities including our; Allotment, Walking Group, Computer Café and Scrabble group are all temporarily suspended.
- Our Training solutions team are providing training sessions via Zoom. Please contact us or visit our website to find out more.
For anyone that we would normally see in person we are keeping in regular contact with them to ensure people across the two counties have the support they need.
We will continue to update this page with any changes to the support Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire are providing in line with the latest Government guidelines. If you or someone you know has questions or concerns please do contact us. 0800 008 6077 (Monday-Friday 8am-6pm)
Coronavirus vaccine – You can read about the Coronavirus vaccine and what it means for you here.
Please be sure to stay safe and keep checking in with friends, family and neighbours.
If you can, please consider donating to Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire so we can support more people across the two counties. Find out more about how you can donate here.
The contact details for the other local Age UKs in Herefordshire and Worcestershire are:
Age UK Worcester & District - 01905 724 294
Age UK Malvern & District - 01684 560666
Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest - 01527 570 490
Age UK Hereford & Localities - 0333 0066 299
You can get more information from Worcestershire County Council here - http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/here2help
You can get more information from Herefordshire Council here - https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/
Please see information below from the Faculty for Older People of the British Psychology Society on supporting older people and people living with dementia at home.
Contact Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077