On 2nd February The Prime Minister announced the government’s roadmap to cautiously ease lockdown restrictions in England.
From 8 March, people in England will see restrictions start to lift and the government’s four-step roadmap offer a route back to a more normal life.
You can read more about the easing of restrictions and what it means for you here
You can also read information on Age UK National’s website.
We know that the roadmap and easing of restrictions may be worrying for some people. Please remember that Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire are here for you, your family and your carers. You can contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
At Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire we are continuing to support as many people as we can across the two counties following Government guidelines. You can read our latest update on how we are supporting people below:
- Unfortunately, our Malvern Gate office isn’t open to the public yet, meaning we are unable to run drop in appointments at the moment. We are however committed to supporting older people, their families and carers via phone calls. Our phone lines are open Monday 8am-6pm Tuesday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm. 0800 008 6077
- Our Ross-on-Wye office is also currently closed for drop-in appointments. Our team are still here to offer support for older people living in Ross-on-Wye and the surrounding area. They can provide support via telephone with: information & advice, support with form filling, companion line and signposting to support.
- Our information & advice, dementia wellbeing, Armed Forces veterans services are continuing to offer support via telephone and email.
- Our help at home, independence at home and footcare services are continuing to provide face to face support following Government guidelines including the use of PPE.
- Our Companion Line is continuing to run as normal with volunteers making phone calls from home. If you are interested in volunteering for this service please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 008 6077.
- Both our Drybridge House Centre in Hereford and Droitwich Spa Meeting Centre are due to re-open in April. If you or someone you know would like to know more about attending the centres please contact us.
- Our wellbeing activities including our; Allotment, Walking Group, Computer Café and Scrabble group are all temporarily suspended.
- Our Training solutions team are providing training sessions via Zoom. Please contact us or visit our website to find out more.
For anyone that we would normally see in person we are keeping in regular contact with them to ensure people across the two counties have the support they need.
We will continue to update this page with any changes to the support Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire are providing in line with the latest Government guidelines. If you or someone you know has questions or concerns please do contact us: 0800 008 6077
You can view lots of information on various subjects on our useful information page.
Coronavirus vaccine – You can read about the Coronavirus vaccine and what it means for you here.
Please be sure to stay safe and keep checking in with friends, family and neighbours.
If you can, please consider donating to Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire so we can support more people across the two counties. Find out more about how you can donate here.
The contact details for the other local Age UKs in Herefordshire and Worcestershire are:
Age UK Worcester & District - 01905 724 294
Age UK Malvern & District - 01684 560666
Age UK Bromsgrove, Redditch & Wyre Forest - 01527 570 490
Age UK Hereford & Localities - 0333 0066 299
You can get more information from Worcestershire County Council here - http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/here2help
You can get more information from Herefordshire Council here - https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/
Please see information below from the Faculty for Older People of the British Psychology Society on supporting older people and people living with dementia at home.
Contact Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077