Skip to content

Adapting your Home:

Giving you the confidence to live independently at home

Our Handyperson team are able to provide a range of adaptions to ensure your home is safe and enable you to live as independently as possible. There are a number of ways you can have these fitted:

  1. Contact your local GP and ask if you are able to have an assessment by an Occupational Therapist. If you are eligible for this service, the Occupational Therapist will visit you in your home and discuss the adaptations you may need. They will then contact our Handyperson team and we will arrange to fit them. Our Information and Advice team can advise you on how to contact the Occupational Therapists.

  2. Contact a member of our Independent Living Team. They will arrange for a trusted handyperson to visit you and discuss your requirements. They will then arrange to fit the adaptations.

    Our range of adaptions is dependent on your needs in your home but can include:
  • Grab rails
  • Bannister rails
  • Ramps
  • Outside rails
  • Risers for toilets
  • Shower seats

All our products are tested and meet the required quality standards. Our promise to you. To find out more about remaining independent in your home, please contact the Independent Living Team.

Telephone: 01905 740950 or 0800 0080 6077



Dementia Dwelling Grant: Equipment for living well with dementia

The Dementia Dwelling Grant is a free service which provides a range of aids and adaptations to enable people living with Dementia to feel safe and live independently in their own homes.

How do I apply for the Grant?Dementia Clock

To apply for this grant, you will need to:

  1. Have a clinical diagnosis of Dementia eg: from your GP
  2. Live at home
  3. Pay council tax to a Worcestershire District Council

If the answer is yes to all three, contact us using the details below and a member of Dementia Advice Service will be in touch to discuss the service further and book an appointment to visit you.

The Dementia Advisor will talk through the service, asking you some more questions relating to your diagnosis and circumstances, and then carry out a survey of your home to determine which adaptions would help you. Some of the adaptations might be left with you, but some might need installing by one of our handypeople. If this is the case, our Independent Living Service will call you.

Who is involved in this Grant?

Worcester City Council have led the development of this grant and have partnered with the District Councils across Worcestershire, Care & Repair and the University of Worcester.

Contact Us:

Telephone: 01905 740950 or 0800 008 6077