We can support adults in Worcestershire to improve their independence, health and wellbeing at home, while reducing the need for non medical health and care support.
We can support you with short term support for 3 weeks (up to 6 weeks in exceptional circumstances).
We will support you to remain independent at home in a way that’s best for you this could include:
- Support to: shop independently
- Support to: Allow you to feel more confident in doing housework and preparing meals
- Support to: Source social opportunities, special interest groups and alternative sources of support.
- Support with: Applications for blue badges / bus passes. Outdoor mobility / confidence building. Organising community transport/patient transport service
- Support with: Referral to Information and Advice Services including benefits
- Support with: Keeping the home environment safe and warm. Safety of property / liaising with traders and suppliers. Signposting to supporting access to equipment, adaptations and technology that will help you keep safe and well at home.
This is a personalised service and we will work with you to tailor it to your individual needs.
- Adults aged 18 and over
- Not in receipt of fully funded social care package or long term care
- Resident of Worcestershire
There is no charge for this service, as it is currently fully funded by Worcestershire County Council.
Home from hospital
This is an element of our Independence at Home service. Home from hospital supports you after a stay in hospital, we will support you over 2/3 days to ensure you have everything you need to assist your recovery.
- Meet you at home following your stay in hospital
- Support you to ensure your home is warm and safe
- Call you the day after meeting to check you have everything you need
- Support you with shopping for essentials
- Attend healthcare appointments with you in the immediate time after your stay in hospital
- Signpost you to information and advice Age UK H&W can provide
This service is available for adults living in Worcestershire.
There is no charge for home from hospital.
For more information or to make a referral please contact our team.
How can I become an independence at home volunteer?
We have the support of volunteers to help us support adults throughout Worcestershire, find out more about volunteering with us. Alternatively email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch below why John volunteers for Age UK H&W and the Independence at Home team:
Contact Age UK Herefordshire & Worcestershire:
Telephone: 0800 008 6077