This service provides independent information and support to anyone who requires assistance finding suitable care within the community or in a care home in Oldham.
We can offer practical help and support you with the issues surrounding moving into a care home or give you advice to find out and access other services which will help you to stay living independently in the community for as long as is possible.
Our service is free, impartial and confidential.
- Advice on what you need to do if you feel that you or someone you care for needs help.
- One to one support and advice provided by experienced staff to explain your options and help you to make your own decisions regarding your future care.
- A recognised list of care providers - to help you stay living independently in the community
- A range of in-depth factsheets which deal with some of the care related issues which may affect you or someone you are caring for
- A useful information pack if you are considering moving into a care home
- Full details on the care homes in the Oldham area
- Access to current inspection reports on all care providers
- Help finding out about the current bed vacancies in care home
- Help addressing specific financial concerns you may have when paying for care either in your own home or in a care home
- Advice on claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
- An explanation of the housing options available to you
- Accompanied visits to alternative accomodation, if appropriate
- Coordination of suitable transport to view accommodation, if appropriate
Current care home vacancies (updated weekly)
Download our document that details the current care home vacancies in Oldham. This information is updated on a weekly basis.
Age UK Oldham Choosing the Right Care Factsheet
This factsheet includes details of the types of care homes, full contact details, the current Oldham Care Home Quality Rating and if the home charges a third party top-up fee and what the amount per week is.
It also includes some important information about funding and financial assessments.The information has been produced in partnership with Age UK Oldham and the local authority, lists all the homes in the Oldham area, and gives their registration status and details about the people they are able to care for.
Age UK Oldham care home info sheets and CQC inspection reports
Click the link below to see a list of info sheets and Care Quality Commission inspection reports for care homes in the Oldham borough.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is responsible for the registration and inspection of all care services in the UK. To find out more about what they do visit the CQC website.
Copies of inspection reports are also available for viewing at Age UK Oldham.
Accessing this service
Call us 9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday:
- 0161 622 9314
- 0161 622 9333
- 0161 622 9312
If lines are busy please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Visit us 9:00am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday:
Age UK Oldham Information, Advice and Support Centre,
3 Lord St, Oldham, OL1 3HB
If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail or require individual support, make an appointment with our Project Co-ordinator, Christine Coupe, using the contact details below.
Home and hospital visits are available.
Christine Coupe - Project Coordinator
Phone: 0161 622 9314 / 07808 323 074