Can you help to provide transport for our service users to our day centres?
What do our volunteer drivers do?
Our volunteer drivers drive minibuses, help to escort service users and provide general support to our day centres.
What you will get out of it
- You get to play an important role in helping older people to get out of their homes and enjoy spending time in the community
- You will become a vital part of our Day Opportunities team
- You'll be giving something to your community
- Meet a wide range of people and make new friends
- Volunteers tell us they find it really rewarding to assist and escort older people and enable them to get out into the community
What is expected of me?
You must provide safe and reliable transport of our service users. We may require you to train and drive a minubus. In addition, at our day centres you can get involved and engage with our service users, help to facilitate activities or prepare tea/coffee etc.
Think this role is for you?
If you could become a volunteer driver in Lichfield, Penkridge, Cannock or Tamworth - we'd love to hear from you. Drop us an email and express your interest now.
Keeping our Volunteers safe throughout COVID-19
Our work supporting older people is vital in the community. We have continued to support our clients throughout COVID-19 and we couldn't do this without the incredible commitment of our volunteers.
Keeping our clients, volunteers and staff safe is our number one priority. We're following Government guidelines to keep everyone safe, including offering volunteers and staff COVID-19 testing.